Samstag, 27. Juni 2009

Strange enough

Why strange enough? Having lived abroad for a good part of the last 10 years, it’s not only that I’ve seen, heard and read (and maybe smelled…) some really strange things. After 10 years I also feel more often than not “strange enough” in the places I live – like Bill Bryson, sometimes I feel I’m neither here nor there.

While others stay at home and live their lifes, I (like many others) seem to be travelling all over the world, starting from scratches over and over again. Don’t know if its good or bad, it’s just how it is. Though sometimes I have a feeling of envy – and sometimes I would also like to just settle down and call a place home, or rather be in a place I can call home. Because truth is, you may call a place home, but in the end the place might not even want to be called home – good thing though, that places can’t speak….

1 Kommentar: